Tech For Troops Project’s Computer Reuse Program supplies qualifying veterans and veterans assistance organizations with refurbished computers. The systems we provide are excellent for typical office tasks such as word processing and browsing the web.
Who is Eligible for Computers
Tech For Troops Project donates computers to:
1. Veterans in need who are sponsored by a veterans organization; and
2. Non-profits with a mission to help veterans such as veterans training centers, counseling centers, veterans housing organizations, etc.
Recipients must arrange to pick up computers from our warehouse in Richmond, Virginia.
Some of the organizations that have received computers from Tech For Troops Project are:
- River City Comprehensive Counseling Services
- Veterans’ Employment Program
- DLW Veterans Outreach and Training Center
- Freedom Support Center
- Veterans Strong Outreach
- Marines Helping Marines
- Association for Wounded Veterans
- Pathways to Success
- Home Again
- Liberation Family Services
- McGuire VA Medical Center
- American Legion Ransome Post 186
- Team Red White and Blue
Because of the difficulty involved in logistics and verifying legitimacy of requests, we can’t approve grant requests for organizations outside Virginia. For other locations, here are some possible sources for free hardware:
Organizations that provide services to veterans or who want to sponsor a veteran to receive a computer can request computers using the form below.